What Is A Robotic Hair Transplant?
Did you know that there is a new hair restoration technique available? It’s called a robotic hair transplant, and it is an advanced procedure that uses robotics to help restore your hair. Here’s what you need to know about this exciting new treatment.
As you age, it’s not uncommon for your hair to thin out a bit. For some men, though, hair loss is more than just a cosmetic issue. It can be a sign of a medical condition that needs treatment.
There are several types of hair loss in men. The most common is male pattern baldness, which affects about half of all men by the time they’re 50. Male pattern baldness is also called androgenetic alopecia. It’s caused by a combination of genetics and hormones.
Other types of hair loss include:
- Alopecia areata: This is an autoimmune disorder that causes patchy hair loss on the scalp, face, and sometimes other parts of the body.
- Telogen effluvium: This is a type of temporary hair loss that’s often triggered by stress, pregnancy, childbirth, surgery, or sudden weight loss. It can also be caused by certain medications, such as beta blockers and antidepressants.
- Anagen effluvium: This is a type of hair loss that’s caused by damage to the hair follicles. It’s often seen in people who are undergoing chemotherapy for cancer.
Hair restoration procedures (also called hair transplant procedures) are becoming increasingly popular as more people look for ways to combat hair loss. There are two different types of hair transplant procedures: FUE and FUT.
FUE stands for “follicular unit extraction.” This type of procedure involves taking individual hairs from the donor area and transplanting them to the recipient area. These hairs are often removed in tiny groups of 2-3 hairs at once, and that small grouping is called a follicular unit. The advantage of FUE is that it is less invasive than other methods, and there is no linear scar. However, FUE is a more time-consuming procedure, and it can be more expensive. This is where new technology like the ARTAS robot makes a major impact, speeding up the procedure and making the selection of small follicular units more accurate.
FUT stands for “follicular unit transplantation.” This type of procedure involves taking a strip of skin from the donor area and then transplanting the hair follicles from that strip to the recipient area. The advantage of FUT is that it is a quicker procedure than FUE, and it can often be less expensive. By removing the strip of the scalp, many technicians are able to dissect the tissue and work at the same time on removing follicular units. The many hands working at once moves the process along quickly. The disadvantage of FUT is that it leaves a linear scar across the back of your head. Some patients will need 2 or 3 procedures, leaving multiple scars on the head.
Both FUE and FUT are effective methods of hair restoration, and the choice of which procedure to use will depend on the individual’s preferences and the advice of a physician.
Completing FUE robotic hair restoration procedures with the world’s most advanced robotic technology – the ARTAS robot is an exciting proposition for anyone considering this type of treatment. This minimally invasive outpatient procedure can be completed in a single day and offers doctors a high degree of precision and control. In addition, the use of robotics in this setting allows for greater accuracy and consistency in results.
The procedure is completed with minimal discomfort and downtime, thanks to the robot’s accuracy and precision. Here’s a look at what the procedure entails and how it is completed:
The ARTAS robot uses its proprietary algorithms, AI, and cameras to scan the back of your head. It then identifies the ideal hair follicles to remove for the hair transplant procedure. A small grouping of 1-3 hairs is removed from the back of the head (the donor area) using a punch tool to create a tiny circular incision. This process is rapidly repeated by ARTAS robot, quickly scanning, identifying, and removing tiny groupings of hairs.
The extracted follicles are then transplanted into the recipient area, which is typically the front or top of the head. The robot uses real-time imaging to ensure that each follicle is placed in the correct location. There are no scalpels or incisions and the procedure has no required down time.
The ARTAS Robot is one of the most advanced hair transplantation systems in the world. It is the only commercially available FDA-cleared device that uses artificial intelligence algorithms and a stereoscopic vision system to digitally map and harvest follicular units directly from the scalp. The robot then creates recipient sites and implants the grafts with greater precision than is possible with manual techniques.
The result is a natural-looking hairline that can be achieved in a single day with minimal discomfort and no scarring.
So what makes the ARTAS Robot so advanced?
First, its artificial intelligence algorithms are able to identify and select the best donor hairs for transplantation. This ensures that the final result will be natural-looking and consistent with the patient’s hair type and color.
Second, the stereoscopic vision system allows the robot to create a 3D map of the scalp. This helps the robot to identify and harvest follicular units with precision.
Third, the robotic arm is able to implant the grafts with great precision. This results in less trauma to the surrounding tissue and fewer complications.
Fourth, the ARTAS Robot is able to perform the entire procedure in one day. This means that patients can have their hair transplanted and then return to their normal activities.
The ARTAS hair restoration Robot is truly a revolutionary device that is changing the way hair transplantation is performed.
As anyone in the hair transplant industry will tell you, human error is one of the biggest factors that can lead to sub-optimal results. This is why more and more clinics are turning to ARTAS Robot Technology for help.
The robot is much more accurate than a human surgeon, meaning that the risk of any sort of error is greatly reduced. Additionally, the robot never gets fatigued or distracted, which further increases its accuracy.
A typical hair transplant procedure may require 1,000 or more hair follicles to be transplanted. Imagine the best basketball player in the world bets you $5 he can make a shot from the free throw line. Surely, he will hit the shot. Could he hit 10 shots in a row? That’s likely, but more difficult. Could the best basketball player in the world hit 1,000 shots in a row? No way. Nor can the best surgeon in the world accurately remove 1,000 or more hair follicles without damaging some. The ARTAS robot is accurate with every single punch.
This technology is not only changing the hair transplant industry, but it has the potential to revolutionize surgery as a whole. With its incredibly high success rate and low risk of complications, there is no doubt that robotic technology is the future.
Robotic hair restoration is a minimally invasive, natural results-oriented procedure that has revolutionized the hair transplant industry. The ARTAS robot was specifically designed with the patient in mind, providing faster procedures and more successful outcomes. The benefits of this new technology include:
- Minimally invasive – The ARTAS robot uses a delicate follicular unit extraction (FUE) technique which means that there is less scarring and trauma to the scalp compared to traditional methods of hair transplantation like FUT.
- Natural results – The ARTAS robot precisely transplants healthy hair follicles from the back of the head to the desired areas, resulting in natural-looking and feeling results.
- Faster procedures – The ARTAS robot can complete a hair transplant procedure in a fraction of the time of traditional methods, meaning less time in the doctor’s office and quicker results for the patient.
- More successful outcomes – The ARTAS robot’s precision ensures that more follicles are successfully transplanted, resulting in better overall results for the patient.
- Faster recovery time – Recovery time is typically shorter with robotic hair restoration compared to traditional methods, as there is less trauma to the scalp.
- More precise – The robotic system enables the surgeon to precisely harvest individual follicular units, which results in a more natural-looking final result.
- Reduced risk of complications – The risks of complications are significantly reduced with robotic hair restoration compared to traditional methods, as the surgery is less invasive.
Robotic hair restoration is a new and exciting technology that is helping people all over the world to regain their hair. There are two different types of robotic hair restoration procedures, FUE and FUT, both of which have their own unique benefits. The ARTAS robot is so advanced because it eliminates human error, making the procedure more accurate and efficient. The patient can also benefit from shorter healing times and less scarring.